Sunday, November 8, 2009

Orphan Care Sunday

This morning I preached a message from Galatians 4:4-7 on adoption. The premise was two-fold. First, Adoption is a gift of grace, initiated by the Father, fulfilled through Christ, sealed by the Spirit, that brings us into the family of God as sons. Second, that spiritual picture is clearly painted on earth when families adopt orphaned children into their families. I am not sure when the sermon will go live but you should be able to listen to it within a day or so at: www.sarasotabaptist.com

Some of you inquired about some of the resources available to help those considering adoption. While there are many great resources I will simply list what I believe are some of the best that I am familiar with or have experience with.

The adoption agency that Candace and used was: America World Adoption Association: www.awaa.org

For Foster Care options I recommend checking with the Florida Baptist Children's Home: www.fbchomes.org

For information on Orphan Sunday see: www.orphansunday.org

The best book on Biblical adoption is entitled, "Adopted for Life" by Russell Moore
You can get a copy on at www.amazon.com

For help affording adoption or contributing so others can afford to adopt check out: www.showhope.org

If you have any question about adoption, the process, or experience I would love to talk with you more about it. Email me at: ckeck@sarasotabaptist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment